- Dick Metzeka is a special tour guide, who combines the ancient storytelling without thinking about history, Philosophy and lots of humor. All his tours are different, feeling the people and their needs.
He will show you the city through the eyes of ‘a Flying Dutchman’. In his words ‘the people in the past were different, so you better show it with a lot of humor, that’s more healthy for your mind and body. Monty Python were great! We are now present and tomorrow is today the past. In 200 years people will laugh about us.'
- He studied Philosophy (and still does) and studies the times where humans were created and is looking at them with different eyes without morals of modern politics or religion. ‘
- Irony about 5000 years of history. Opening the doors of Lisbon. What do have the Phoenicians, Mesopotamia, the old Egypt, The Romans, The Celts, the Moslems, the Templar's to do with Lisbon? This and much more will be explained during the tour. And of course the feeling and behavior of the Lisbon inhabitants, their city and their music the Fado. After three hours You will understand the city, her history and the places where you want to go. It will be printed in your brain while talking without thinking and meanwhile you will be laughing about his jokes.
- 5 Years of Experience with my own Company 'Pillars of Light', Pancho tours and Lisbon host tours, TUI and Get Your Guide.
- Languages; Dutch, German and English.
- With other tour guides; Portuguese, Spanish, French, and Russian.
- Tour 1:
- Price; 25€ per person (Tips are welcome) Duration around 3 hours; You can book a tour here!
- Meeting address; Praça Dom Pedro IV 1100-200 Lisboa
- Contact Tel; 00351-910879691
- Tour 2:
- An original walking tour with humor through the labyrinths of the old city in 4 hours with storyteller and 'flying Dutchman', Dick M. We will walk through Alfama, Mouraria, Chiado, and Castello and will finish in the Baixia near the Palace.
- Price; 30€ per person. You can book a tour here!
- Tour 3:
- Lisbon's center has several beautiful neighborhoods, they look like different villages within the city. In my introduction tour of four hours, the focus is on the old city. On this tour, we will visit also some other neighborhoods, which all have their own charm.
- It will be a 6-hour walk, where we will visit Alfama, Castello, Mouraria, and Baixa, also the districts of Chiado, Bairro Alto, Principe Real, and Estrella.
- Price; 40€ per person. You can book a tour here!
- Tour 4:
- Lisbon is like a good wine, it certainly leads to a taste for more. Following the 3-4 hours tour I received a lot of requests for a longer tour. That's why I add an extra tour that I can call the 'Carpo Diem Tour' which can take about 7-8 hours. In this tour, you can explore the city in a peaceful Portuguese way while having something to eat or drink anywhere you want. A relaxed no stress tour that anyone can fill in.
- Price; 50€ per person. Food and drinks not included. You can book a tour here
- Tour 5:
- Photo Tour; I have received many requests to make photo tours, that is, not to visit the normal tourist attractions, but more typical Portuguese Lisbon places with artistic possibilities. Depending on the specialty and wishes of the photographer, I have put together a walking day program that you can use to put your creativity into. When you book first, please register your wishes and I will design an appropriate route!
- Price; 100€ per person. Food and drinks not included. You can book a tour here.
- 2017 New tour! 'Night Train to Lisbon.' Duration around 5 hours . This one is at this moment not available!
- Price; 40€ Day card for public transport included! You can book a tour here!
- In this tour You will see and feel Lisbon following some traces from the Movie. see Blog Page.
- After I had written my new blog post, I went, as usual, walking to feel my words in fresh air, exercise and reality. And suddenly, after an hour or two walking, encounters and images like a movie, I realized what was missing. Humor!
The 'Lisbon Light Private Walking Tours', show the city and life with glasses filtered through humor. A cheerful tour that turns a holiday trip or travel, light. This tour Lisbon shows among other things by following some tracks from the film and novel "Night Train to Lisbon', respectively director Bille August and author Pascal Mercier, excel, how beautiful, aesthetic, philosophic and poetic they are realized, not exactly by humor. It fits very well in Lisbon, it's like a relative of her music, 'Fado'.
Monty Python seems far away. But don’t worry, humor will be around, otherwise it wouldn’t be a Lisbon Light Walking Tour!
Be happy! :)
- Reviews You can make on my facebook site!
Monthy Pythons inspiration for the Lisbon walking tours
Lisbon has a long history and in the past people were different, they had a different moral than we are now handling. Since I think that humor is one of the healthiest ways to transfer knowledge, I was inspired by "Monty Python's The Holy Grail."